Open Forum

View Only

MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

• 1.  MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-09-2015 13:02

I would be interested in feedback regarding this service for a performance.

We are producing Big - the Musical next year and are in a theatre with a very limited pit space.

Cheers,

------------------------------
    William Jacobsen
    Red Deer AB

• 2.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-10-2015 07:51

Just closed Beauty and the Beast utilizing MT Pit.  Worked well for us and didn't have any problems.  A little hard to bounce back and forth through the track since the fast forward/rewind option is a little picky, but it worked well overall.

I would definitely do it again.

Justin Harnden
    Cedar Springs MI

• 3.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-10-2015 08:20

Hi, I have used them for the last 8 years.  I love it.  The quality is awesome and they are very friendly to work with.  We just used them for both A CHORUS LINE and WHITE CHRISTMAS this year.  We have been invited to bring WHITE CHRISTMAS as a main stage to this summer's Thespian Festival.

Bob Henrichs
    Lincoln NE

• 4.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-10-2015 08:41
    My wife did Shrek last summer with them and loved it.

[William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 5.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-10-2015 09:14
    I worked with this company in 2010 on Putnam County.  Though they are expensive, I found the quality to be excellent, and they delivered on their promises.  The "rehearsal tracks" recording got so annoying that it became a delightful inside joke.  

Jeremy Goldson
    Denver CO

• 6.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-10-2015 10:47
    I have used them twice now and have been very pleased. Yes, the "rehearsal track" recording can be a bit tedious and there are times I long for the flexibility of Qlab instead of their playback system. But their sound quality is superb, the playback system has worked perfectly during performances, and their customer support has been wonderful. ------------------------------ Sean Blauvelt San Luis Obispo CA ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-11-2015 18:05
    I have used MTPit for several shows and I have been very pleased with the quality of their sound production. 

Jodi Improta
    Fine Arts Department Chair
    Fullerton CA

• 8.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-12-2015 06:23

Echoing what others have said...

1.  Expensive = VERY

2.  Worth it = Yes.  (Of course, my first choice will always be a live pit).

Excellent music, excellent sound quality.

One way to save money  = You can put their app on your iPad, etc. and play your performance tracks through that, thereby saving the cost of shipping on the SD card player they have to send you otherwise.  Also, once you send them your payment in full, you can download the final to your device as early as you want, use it for rehearsals, and avoid the annoying "rehearsal tracks" watermark.

Mike Morris
    Harrison OH

• 9.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-14-2015 17:37
    QUESTION: perhaps I'm ignorant, but is MTIpit the same as OrchExtra? I do not find "pit" on the MTI website.

Connie Sandoz
    Theatre Director
    Henderson NV

• 10.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-15-2015 08:36
    The two are not related.  OrchExtra is the MTI product.  The MT Pit (no "i") is not affiliated with MTI.

Mike Morris
    Harrison OH

• 11.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-15-2015 09:22
    No, they are not the same. Orchextra is an MTI resource that is manually "played" that has synthesized sounds replicating the pit. You can eliminate specific instruments and it essentially supplements a live pit with the missing instruments. The MT Pit is a soundtrack of the entire score of a show. The recording is of a live pit and though they can be modified by the company to included cuts of music, at performance time the music runs from the beginning of the number to the end... Or to a pause. I've used both and like the "live" aspects of orchextra and the sound quality of the MT Pit. My best advice is to just call both companies with your questions. They are extremely patient and helpful in sharing what their products are capable of doing. ------------------------------ David Kramer Mt Sinai NY ------------------------------

• 12.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-16-2015 07:40
    We used MT pit for the first time recently. There is definately a learning curve to both products. We had issues getting the files through our fire wall but our internet is pretty tightly tied down so it could just be our problem. Quality is great but it is a recorded soundtrack. If kids ( ours were Middle school) get excited and get ahead of the music there is nothing you can do. If a child drops a verse there is no rescuing them. There is an additional fee for editing on top of what I thought was an expensive quote. I wasn't aware of this at the beginning. I can't imagine using a show without cutting at least some dance breaks! Orchextra is more like an instrument. One can adjust tempo or follow the vocalist easily. The sound of the of the MTI product is so full and vibrant! Best, we have used the MTI product to augment our student orchestra. The kids can play and the machine fills in and it ends up sounding like a symphony orchestra. It does have to be run by a musician though. It is not a tech job. Both are expensive but probably worth the trouble. Best of luck! ------------------------------ Maggie Ward Columbia MD ------------------------------

• 13.  RE: MT pit pre-recorded accompaniment

Posted 02-17-2015 14:09
    I have used MTPit for Beauty, Jekyll, Suessical, Cats, Tale of 2 Cities, Young Frank and now for Sweeney. Great people, audio easy to work with and great sound. I highly recommend.

Lee Weisert
    Manasquan NJ