Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Musical Ideas

Posted 07-09-2019 15:11
    I know this is posted constantly, but I thought maybe I could get some new ideas. 
    I have been the musical director at my school for 2 years now and ran successful runs of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" and "The Addams Family: School Edition". Any suggestions on where to go from here? 
    I have a small amount of guys and a bunch of girls. I have 3-4 awesome male leads and 3-5 awesome female leads. 4 of them are seniors. 
    Please nothing dance heavy, we struggle there! 
    Also my budget has been cut by $1000. I'm trying to get it back! Low budget would be great! 
    Thanks!
    --
    Sara Giambalvo
    Vocal Music Director
    Speech and Debate Coach, Theatre Manager
    Herculaneum High School, Senn-Thomas Middle School

NOTE: This electronic mail message contains information that is or may be (a) legally privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and (b) intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named. If you are NOT the intended recipient you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you ARE the intended recipient or an addressee, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or in any other manner distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your system and contact the sender.

• 2.  RE: Musical Ideas

Posted 07-11-2019 08:08
    Into the Woods 
    secret Garden

------------------------------
    Heather Davidson
    Drama Faculty
    Davidson Fine Arts School
    Augusta,GA.

• 3.  RE: Musical Ideas

Posted 07-11-2019 15:01
    Little Shop of Horrors needs 3 strong dudes (one for the plant voice), and 4 strong women (Audrey and the 3 doo-wop girls).  If you can find the plants nearby for inexpensive, then it's really not that expensive of a show after rights.  We managed to rent the plants we used for $200.  It's a major seller, too, in my experience, which may help with your budget woes.

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 4.  RE: Musical Ideas

Posted 07-15-2019 13:30
    Little Shop of Horrors will be our Spring musical and the kids are already excited.

Scott Bier
    Whittier, CA

"Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back."