Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Soultions to Problems Inducting Students

Posted 04-23-2021 15:05
    I have been reading several comments on the forum about members having difficulty navigating the new data base and inducting new students.  I just submitted two new students with little problem. However, I did notice something that might be confusing.  I had printed off a copy of "Navigating Community Hub: A Beginner's Guide" and tried to follow the steps outlined in it.  The snag is in the "Getting Started" section.  The fourth item down reads "To add eligible students to your roster for induction, click on the Import Student Roster button from your Personal Snapshot page, and follow the directions to create an Excel.csv file for upload."  The problem is there is no Import Student Roster button on. the Personal Snapshot page.  Instead after you indicate whether you are inducting Thespian Society members or Jr. Thespian Society members, you click on a box to create the new students in the system.  I do not know if this was changed after the guide was published, but at first it was a bit confusing.  I would also strongly suggest watching the help videos that are provided as this was how I found out what to do since there was no Import Student Roster button.   After reading a number of complaints on the forum, I was a bit worried about inducting new students, but once I got into the system, it went smoothly.  Just thought I'd let others know what I encountered.  

Thank you,

Ken Robinson

------------------------------
    Kenneth Robinson
    Drama Club Sponsor
    Wapahani High School
    Selma IN

• 2.  RE: Soultions to Problems Inducting Students

Posted 04-24-2021 08:46
    Yes, the help videos are just that. I had little trouble accomplishing the task once I watched them. Don't give up. 

And once I had registered my students online, the turnaround in getting certificates, cards and pins was remarkable!

Rich Luedeke
    Blackhawk Christian Theatre
    Fort Wayne, IN

• 3.  RE: Soultions to Problems Inducting Students

Posted 04-24-2021 10:00
    Rich,

Thank you for sharing your successes as well! We appreciate you.

Hans

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Soultions to Problems Inducting Students

Posted 04-24-2021 09:59
    Ken,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on here with your colleagues. The Import Student Roster was a feature that we had at go-live, but had to disable for the developer to keep refining. Looks like we forgot to remove it from the resource guide, so we will do that with our next upload on Monday. I really appreciate you pointing that out.

We are happy to hear that the videos were helpful. We're trying to get those in front of as many troupe directors as possible since we are heading into spring rush season for inductions. Thanks for spreading the word!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Hans

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 5.  RE: Soultions to Problems Inducting Students

Posted 06-06-2023 09:28

Is the import student roster function ever coming back?  It's pretty cumbersome to be manually creating accounts for 20-40 students at a time which slows down the process for inducting the students with the national organization.  

Jeannine Wrayno
    Technical Theater Teacher
    Leesville Road High School
    NC