Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Learning lines

Posted 02-27-2020 14:44
    HI,
      A couple of years ago a student set up a quizlet for me for my lines in a show I was in. I was trying to find it for a student today and struck out. has anyone used this app. for  learning lines. We will have to create the quiz for her as it is a a student written play. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Cathy

------------------------------
    Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 2.  RE: Learning lines

Posted 03-02-2020 10:04
    Hi Cathy! I haven't used that specific app, but my favorite way to memorize lines is just with a simple audio recording app. I use "Voice Recorder" which came already installed on my phone and it works great. I record it once with ALL the lines, even my own (sometimes enlisting the help of a couple friends/family to read other characters so I know which lines are mine), and I listen to it while driving, doing chores, etc. When I feel like I have a good grasp on what my lines are, I record it again, this time just leaving silence where my lines go. If I'm having issues with a specific chunk, I just make a separate recording of a smaller section so I can repeat it easily.

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Learning lines

Posted 03-03-2020 05:03

I've never thought to use this for learning lines but here's the website to get started ��

https://quizlet.com/teachers

Peace and blessings,

t

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information, including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable information. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at (440) 845-2444 to arrange the return of the original document to me. Please also delete the message from your computer.