Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Legally Blonde Dogs

Posted 11-15-2021 11:15
    Hey there! Producing Legally Blonde in the spring and wanted to see what people have done for the two dogs. We are not interested in having a person play them, and would like to use real dogs if possible, but wanted to see if there are any genius tips out there.

Thanks all!

------------------------------
    Kate Willers
    Drama Director
    Heritage High School
    CO

• 2.  RE: Legally Blonde Dogs

Posted 11-16-2021 08:58
    Hello Ms. Willers - 

I have directed LB both for the Jr. show (for middle school) and the Full production with high school.  Both times, we used real dogs and everything went without a hitch. 

An idea that I'd like to throw out is that you might be able to partner with an animal shelter for an adoption event.  Might be some good PR for your program. 

--

Keith Rollins

MCHS Drama Director

Thespian Troupe #596

706-695-1414

This is a staff email account managed by Murray County School District.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

• 3.  RE: Legally Blonde Dogs

Posted 11-16-2021 11:52
    we used real dogs...actually had dog auditions.... we were fortunate that our Elle had little dog....but then found a beautiful and well mannered Golden retriever... Good luck. Go for the calmer breeds, well socialized.

--
    Ginger Latimer
    Madera South High School
    Performing Arts Chair
    705 West Pecan Ave., Madera, CA. 93637
    559-675-4450 #1021

Support Arts in Education

• 4.  RE: Legally Blonde Dogs

Posted 11-16-2021 13:27
    Hi - I used dogs in my Legally Blonde. Bruiser was a cast member's dog and his girlfriend held the dog for the first scene and then the dog went home.  My beagle was Rufus and I had a parent who walked he when she wasn't on stage.  We gave her treats and had her on a leash when she was on stage. (She love the stage because that is where the treats were! ) My beagle was crate trained and stayed there for most of the show - she did not like the jump ropers warming up and howled during intermission so we learned that was a good time to take her for a walk. I am so glad that I did Legally Blonde when I did, because now my county with not allow animals in shows. Having a real one added to the fun. i have been in shows (Annie) where a dog was with their trainer or owner the entire time and that is probably the best way to have animals in a show.

Break a leg,

Marla Blasko

Marla Blasko
    Director/Teacher Theatre Arts
    Long Reach High School
    Columbia, Maryland