Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Program advertisement form

Posted 12-16-2021 11:22
    Hello all,

do any of you sell program space to local businesses?  Do you happen to have a form that you can share?  We are looking to get our community more involved as well as covering some expenses. I have seen forms that have a tiered system of payments and advertisements.  If anyone is willing to share ideas or forms we would greatly appreciate it!

------------------------------
    Chad Taylor
    Drama Teacher
    Kentwood High School
    WA

• 2.  RE: Program advertisement form

Posted 12-17-2021 06:10
      |   view attached
    Glad to help out!
    Attached is a copy of our ad form template. All members of the cast/crew take as many as they feel they need for personal and local businesses. We have a contest to incentivize the students: whoever sells the most add Sales wins $100 gift card. Also, every individual or company that buys an ad earns comp tickets to the show.

Ad sales are a primary revenue source for our entire program. We sell them for businesses as well as for families to give personal wishes to the students. We usually sell these up to a month before our show so we have a couple of weeks to lay out the program (I design it along with some help from our Business Ed classes).  We then have it professionally printed.

The design is based on the standard format for Broadway and professional theaters, but we do not use any copyrighted material; We follow the format but use our own design elements. To keep the cost down, we do almost all ads in black-and-white and grayscale. If someone wants a color ad, we have a $100 "up charge" and it's worked out very well so far.

The revenue from ad sales pays for the printing and the rest of the funds go into our general account to cover royalties and other expenses. Ticket sales and ad revenue are all we do for fundraising. So far, we've been completely self-sustained and have even made improvements to our theatre through these revenue sources (and a couple of grants over the years).

Break a leg!

Josh Ruben, M. Ed.
    Fine Arts Head
    Northwest Whitfield HS (dba, The Northwest Theatre Co.)
    Tunnel Hill, GA

• 3.  RE: Program advertisement form

Posted 12-17-2021 13:20
      |   view attached
    I attached our ad form for potential advertisers. I hope it helps!

Christopher Hamilton
    Drama Teacher
    Kamiakin High School
    WA

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TRAP Ads.pdf   186 KB 1 version