Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Diddy bags

Posted 01-10-2022 16:44

Does anyone have a sewing pattern for ditty bags? We used them in my theatre departments in college & summer stock but I haven't been able to find a pattern anywhere. They hang over a hanger & are used to put the actor's tights, costume props, accessories, etc (character shoes can even fit in 2 of the pockets.)

Thanks

Holly Rose

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
    Get Outlook for Android

• 2.  RE: Diddy bags

Posted 01-11-2022 07:35
    This is the one I use. We had a donation of some old bedsheets, they work really well for this! And I had the kids sew some up for a sewing project assignment. http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ditty-bag-tutorial/

--
    Hillary Bogers, MEd
    she/her/hers
    Theatre Director
    Jack Britt High School
    910-429-2800

Tutoring 7:45-8:21 in the morning, or by appointment

In Cumberland County Schools we practice and require the three W's: 
    Wear a mask. Wait 6 feet from others. Wash your hands.

This email is for the sole use of the individual for whom it is intended. If you are neither the intended recipient, nor agent responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, any disclosure, re-transmission, copying, or reliance on the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the person transmitting the correspondence immediately. All email correspondence to and from this email may be subject to disclosure to any third party upon request, including the media. It shall not be necessary to disclose: 1) Email correspondence which does not constitute a Public Record as defined under N.C.G.S. §132.1 or; 2) a public record which is exempt from disclosure under other applicable State or Federal law.

• 3.  RE: Diddy bags

Posted 01-11-2022 10:37

Thank you so much!  This is really helpful!

• 4.  RE: Diddy bags

Posted 01-12-2022 16:21
    This one is a step by step process and has a PDF pattern:
    https://youtu.be/BqgnmYRquM8

--
    Please note: We're still in a global pandemic. Things are not normal. Your health and well-being are more important than anything. I'm going to do my best to teach, advise, and collaborate to the best of my ability. I understand that you are all doing your best given that there's a pandemic and nothing is normal. Almost everything is flexible. Just ask.

Julie Benitez, M.F.A. (she/her/hers)
    Theatre Teacher/Performing Arts Dept. Chair
    Input-Learner-Intellection-Individualization-Achiever  [Clifton Strengths-Gallup]

Monte Vista High 
    3230 Sweetwater Springs Blvd I Spring Valley, CA 91977I 619.660.3179  

Monarch Theatre 2021-22 Season
    "Enriching our community through exceptional theatre with young adults."
    The Brother's Grimm Spectaculathon   Oct. 27-30 021
    Moana Jr.   March 24-April 1 2022

• 5.  RE: Diddy bags

Posted 01-11-2022 10:37
    I've made them w/out a pattern out of scrap muslin and I have used mens button-up shirts as well to make them.

Stephanie Schultze
    Thespian Troupe Director
    Russellville High School Theatre Teacher